Indian head massage has been practised in India for over 500 years, originally by women in order to keep their long hair in a beautiful condition and it is still an important part of family life in India today. Ayurvedic medicine is a natural holistic healing system which uses natural oils combined with massage movements.
The head, neck and shoulders are the most important energy centres within the body. This is where tension often accumulates. Indian Head Massage includes massaging the neck and shoulders as well as the head and face. The whole treatment takes approximately 30 minutes. The client remains fully clothed during this treatment.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Relieves muscular tension and stiffness in the neck, head and shoulders.
- Promotes total relaxation giving a feeling of wellbeing.
- Increased blood circulation, bringing more oxygen to the brain, will help mental fatigue and concentration levels.
- Circulation is improved and nutrients are carried to the sebaceous glands. Sebaceous glands carry "sebum" the skins natural oils which are then increased, which helps to make the skin soft and supple, giving a good sense of well-being.
- Promotes sleep through endorphins, chemicals released from the brain during the treatment which give a feeling of happiness and calmness.
- Chakras, the bodies energy centres are balanced, helping the body to work in a more efficient way.
If you would like to discuss or have any further questions about Indian Head Massage therapy then feel free to contact me either by telephone or email.